Welcome back guys, we are already in February and I’m grateful for all of you readers who have been reading my blog 🙂 I am wanting to expand my horizon and will be reaching out to other bloggers soon.
In this week’s Tuesday post I’m going to talk about the ways to improve your self confidence, from my experience.
In my past, I remember trying to improve my confidence even though at times I seemed to be loud and the life of the party, my confidence in my true ability was low. It did affect me and I wanted to break away from that. I also remember that one of the first things that I remember thinking was, to improve myself I must change the way I think. I’ve decided to list some things that I feel are strong ways to improve your self confidence.
1) Lo and behold, the first thing on my list is to improve your thought pattern. Improving your thought patterns will help you improve your confidence. Just by altering the way you think, you can change your life.
2) Putting yourself in situations that are unfamiliar to you. You can learn an incredible amount by just putting yourself in unfamiliar situations. You will learn how to adapt, whether you like that situation and lots of other things about yourself.
3) Being grateful does wonders for your confidence. A great way to do this is to list all the things you are happy for right now. From all the hardships you have overcome to all those people in your life you truly support you.
4) Congratulate yourself on those small Victories. Whenever you have accomplished something, however small. Give yourself a pat on the back.
5) Be proud of your past suffering and hardships. Being accepting of your past, even if you weren’t the best person in the world is one of the best things you can do. You accept that you have had hardships and even through all of that you have still made it to where you are now. Let that fire you up!
6) Listening to music that uplifts you. I’m not joking! I listen to music that actually fires me up and has meaning to me. I really do feel like I can conquer anything when I listen to these types of songs.
7) Living with a set of defined principles. This is very important. Most people either adopt some principles and follow then weakly or don’t really have them at all. Now, of course it’s not easy to always follow them, but if you live by a set of principles then watch how your life has depth and meaning. For example, you could say one of your principles is not to lie, how many people do you know wholeheartedly abide by this?
8) List all of your strengths. By writing down your strengths or even listing them in your head, you invoke a feeling of strength and power. These are powerful emotions you can use to triumph.
9) Stand on your own two feet and make decisions that you feel will be good for you. Getting advice is a good thing and should be encouraged. However, you should also realise that their situation is different from yours and yours is different from someone else’s. So if someone is telling you to do this or that, question whether that is also what you want.
10) Look after yourself. I’ve said this before, but when you put the needs of others in front of your needs all the time, you will eventually wear out. This may seem noble in the beginning, but you’re only damaging yourself here.
Truthfully there are a lot of ways to improve your self confidence, but there is a principle underlying them all and that is to focus on improving yourself. Once you have learnt how to improve yourself, you can shift your focus a little more to helping others improve themselves. Since you have actually walked the path yourself, you have some experience of what it’s like.